We are looking for an experienced leader who possesses top class leadership experience in building and scaling high performing teams who are responsible for mission-critical, reliable services. You will typically manage through leaders, and build critical cross-functional collaboration with key stakeholders and product management. You will be responsible for the business critical impacts delivered.
What you'll be responsible for?
What you'd have?
• Experience building innovative and complex software for at least 15+ years.
• You have great interpersonal skills, deep technical ability, and a portfolio of successful execution. If you enjoy discussing anything from ML, to data pipelines, to ontologies, to graphs, to data center topology and you measure the success of your projects in "nines," then we want you on the team.
• Engineering excellence : You have at least 5 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you've built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: front-end, back-end, databases, cache layer, architecture, etc.
• Bias for action: You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way - and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
• Mentorship/ Guidance: You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
• Hiring know-how: You're a thoughtful interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
• Design and business vision: You help your team understand requirements beyond the written word and you thrive in an environment where you can uncover subtle details. Even in the absence of a PM or a designer, you show great attention to the design and product aspect of anything your team ships.
• Management experience running team(s) at scale.
• Hands-on software development experience. Code shouldn't scare you.
• Strong experience in Design and Architecture for large scale systems.
Why join us?
We thought you would never ask! We offer all the usual stuff: competitive salary, flexible working hours, challenging product culture but the real perks are:
• Challenging and fun work environment solving meaningful real-life business problems - you will never have a boring day at the office.
• World-class team who love solving tough problems and have a bias for action. Tanla is an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Please be aware that we will contact only
candidates who best match the requirements of the position.